Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Confessions

I have a confession to make....I'm Bored! In my seven years as a SAHM I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have NEVER felt bored. I've always loved my "job". I have been so thankful to be able to experience every moment with each of my children growing up. But this past month or so, I find my self longing to be other places. Experience things I've never had a chance to do. I know it sounds so selfish, but it's this overwhelming feeling that's come over me and I don't quite know what to do about it. Is it that I'm nearing thirty? Is it that I went to NYC and saw people living a life that was so completely opposite of mine it was crazy? I don't know. I walk around my perfectly cleaned house every day almost wanting to mess it up just so I can have something to do. I thought having three kids I'd be busier than ever, but I'm not busy at all! I'm sorry to admit, my diaper changing, macaroni making days are a bore to me lately. I know I don't want a job because I am definitely not a schedule kind of gal, but I think it's time for a hobby. Suggestions Please!!! *And none of that just be thankful you do get to be home, and enjoy every moment you've got. I've heard it all and I do those things.

9 comments:

LeAnn said...

Just a suggestion....have another baby:)!! That will keep you busy!!LOL I also like to internet shop, more than I should, getting a box from the UPS guy is sometimes the highlight of my day!! I need to schedule a lunch at least once a week with a friend...try that, it gets you out and socializing!

brenda schenck said...

I am with you I get bored too. And it's not like you have enough time for a job! I agree with you.

Mindi D said...

I totally agree, except for the part of walking around your perfectly clean house. I'm bored of cleaning! Then Kurt says the other day 'i clean the house more than you' O was he in trouble! So now i'm on strike, i said i wouldn't clean so he can see how much cleaning i do during the day! Maybe try making something, like quilts for your kids for christmas, that's what i'm doing. We'll see how it goes! If you're that bored, come over and we can watch soaps together!

Laura said...

Totally agree with you. I am not bored but tired of the whole thing. Unlike you I DO NOT have my house spotless and I am struggling to get everything done... however, you asked for suggestions. My sis-in-law just started doing bookeeping from home. She loves it, it gives her her adult interaction. You might want to look into that?!?!? hope you find something you love. You can also come help me get organized with my house duties ;)

Meg said...

Hey Jaime- we could start hanging out more for starters! Love ya!

The Millers said...

Being a SAHM really can be a little boring! I just wish I could say my house was perfectly clean! I haven't mastered that yet.

The Steel's said...

I am bored often too, but I don't mind it. maybe you should pick up a hobby, or come visit your awesome sister Ash for some real fun. I have almost every episode of las vegas recorded and paige likes my food and wade likes it here too.

Diana Lacey said...

Call me.

Diana Lacey said...

You have so many gifts and talents that are very needed in todays world and I'm not talking about getting a job unless you want one. There just aren't enough SAHM's to do all that is needed. For example, at our school there are so many working mom's that hardly anyone helps anymore. One of my favorite things the past few years is for our whole family to help at Childhaven, a home for abused and abandoned kids. Luke even loves to go and "teach" the kids. I got our Relief Society involved last year and we had so much fun re-decorating some bedrooms. Anyway, I know that you already do a lot of service, but you many want to look for something that really sparks your interest. There are as many needs as there are people.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio