Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Babysitter


So today marks a new day in history for me. It was the first time in my 7 years of being a mom that I have hired a teenage babysitter. I have never had anyone but my mom, sister, or in-laws actually babysit for me but I felt like I needed to find someone I could trust for the small jobs. I only left for 1 hour and it was just right across the street and I was pretty nervous, but I think all went well. Just thought I'd mention my exciting news. I'm a little paranoid about stuff like that as you can tell.

4 comments:

Becky said...

It is a strange feeling huh!

Nikki said...

I have never left my kids with a teenage babysitter either. I am sooo paranoid but I know it's only a matter of time before I do. Good to know I am not the only one that's freaked out by the idea.

Mags said...

It's a very strange feeling. Up until two months ago, the only people that have watched my children are my parents and my siblings. Now I have a 27yo come in two afternoons a week for 3 hours. I've stayed pretty close to the home. It's only in the last couple of weeks that I'm comfortable venturing further away. It does get easier.

Natalia said...

We are considering a new baby sitter. A teenager too, so I totally know what you mean.
We are so paranoid we have asked her to come and hang out with the kids a few times, just to see how it goes before we actually take the plunge and leave them alone...even then I think we will just be leaving for an hour or two.

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio