Tuesday, January 13, 2009

You Rock


So I'm on a serious lookout for an acceptable Boy's Valentine for this year. Gabe will have nothing to do with anything involving hearts, love, the color pink, or flowers. The thought of Valentines Day itself is almost too much to bear for him. Last year we made Cell Phone Valentines for the class which he was able to handle. I would like to avoid the store bought Character Valentines if at all possible. Not that I think anything's wrong with them, but I would much rather make something. I'm leaning towards these Rock Candy Valentines from Family Fun that look like IPods. Gabe insists, however, that they have to be done in blue for the boys and green for the girls. Any ideas out there? Send them my way.

4 comments:

The Childrens Nest said...

Hi!
Just an idea for you about the Valentines... Last year we made red playdough and shaped it into hearts...got the idea from Family Fun. If you want to see what I did... go to this link below: http://fourlittleloves.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-valentines-day-late.html Oh and also I did little cello bags filled with Valentine candy corn. The kids loved that too! That is on the same link too!
Good luck!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I think the "iPod" candy is too cute!

Becky said...

A long time ago family fun made valentine Fish I make them every year so cute! You can put gummy worms or swedish fish with them. Matt loves it and has made them since Kindergarten. I will show you how way fun and easy.

Anonymous said...

You can make pipe cleaner pencil toppers...you make the heart part, and your son can wrap the long end around a pencil, which acts as the form (then you pull it off...each topper is the gift, you don't have to give pencils too). The best part? No having to write names. ;)

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio